Welcome to our TDS family! We are so happy and thankful to have you become apart of our program. Please review our studio policies and procedures listed below. We would like to work with you in order to provide your dancer with the very best dance instruction.
Please, do not bring food, drinks or gum in the dance rooms. Only water is permitted and every dancer should have a water bottle with them when they take class.
ATTENDANCE / TARDINESS
Attendance will be moitored each month. We encourgage consistent attendance as this promotes a strong work ethic and will give each dancer the best results in regards to training.If a student is continuously tardy, he/she may be ask to change classes to a more convenient time
ARRIVAL TIME / PICK UP
All classes begin on time. Please plan to arrive to class early with a few minutes to spare. Any student arriving later than 15 minutes from the beginning of class time will not be permitted to dance. This is strictly a safety issue as a student could suffer serious injury if they have not properly stretched. As well as proper dance attire is a MUST. It is also disruptive to the instructor and other students to have class interrupted to accommodate a late student. After classes are completed we ask studets to be picked up within 10 nminutes after class has ended.
OBSERVATION OF CLASSES
In order to provide your children with the highest quality of instruction, we need parents to work with us when observing your child's class. For Liability purposes, parents are not allowed to sit in dance rooms . Every room has a window or TV monitors for viewing where parents may conveniently view the dance class and the instruction of their dancer. Parents need to monitor those siblings that are not taking classes they must be supervised.
For safety reasons, children are not permitted in the dance rooms at any time unsupervised by a TDS instructor.
NOTE: Class size is geneerally limited to 10-20 students depending on the age. If a class reaches capacity, a waiting list will be started
CHRISTMAS AND SPRING RECITAL
Every dance season we have 2 recitals. Our Christmas Show is in December and our Spring Recital is in June. Every dance class for dancer's ages 3 to adult will participate in both recital show. Recital is optional; however 99% of our dancers do participate. This is a wonderful opportunity for dancers to showcase to both family and friends what they have learned throughout their experience in our program. Parents will receive more information regarding show dates and costumes during the first week of October for Christmas and February for our Spring Show. Costumes are ordered in November and March, and new enrollment ends during the last week of April. At this time, classes dedicate a portion of their time to rehearsing the routine that they will be performing in one of the recital shows.
- Each week students are to attend the class(es) they are enrolled in. TDS understands that students may occasionally miss a class due to illness or other circumstances.
- Make-up classes are available August - April . Not all classes will have make-up options available. Call for availability.
- Make-ups must be used within 30 days of absence. Dancer must be a current student to attend any make-up classes.
- Make-ups are NOT available May - June as classes are working on specific choreography in preparation for their recital performances.
- TDS reserves the right to turn away unscheduled make-ups. Credits or refunds will not be given for classes not made up.
- If your are unable to regularly attend your scheduled class, please call or visit the studio to adjust your schedule.